By Your Idaho Falls Dentist
– Alan R. Cooper DDS
Dental X-rays help your Idaho Falls dentist to see diseases of the teeth, and also the gums and bone that surround their teeth. These problems cannot be seen with a simple oral exam. X-rays help the dentist find and treat dental problems early in its development, which can save you time, money, and discomfort. Your Idaho Falls dentist at Eagle Rock Dental Care will make sure that you get the best treatment and care for your dental needs.
Why do I need dental X-rays?
Dental X-rays are used to:
Show areas of decay not visible with an oral exam especially decay between teeth.
- Show decay around and beneath existing fillings -reveal bone loss due to disease
- Reveal an abscess due to infection in the root
- Reveal pathology (abnormalities) such as cysts or tumors
- Assist in decision making for needs such as tooth implants, braces, and other procedures.
- Check on the development of wisdom teeth
Frequency of getting dental x-rays depends on your medical and dental history. Some people may need x-rays as often as every six months; others with no recent decay or gum disease and who visit their Idaho Falls dentist regularly may need them once a year or less. Initial x-rays are important to establish a baseline record to compare changes against over time. If you have additional questions regarding dental x-rays, please contact you dental professional or call us at Eagle Rock Dental Care, we love to help!