Veneers are your solution to get the perfect smile you have always dreamed of. By simply restoring just 4-6 of your visible teeth your smile does a 180. Veneers are thin porcelain coverings placed on the front of your tooth that correct chipped teeth, stains, poor spacing and even a crooked smile. Veneers are strong, long-lasting and resemble your natural enamel; they are more than just a ‘band-aid’ fix to your dental ailments.
There are many different reasons a person may require veneers. Most cases are for a reliable cosmetic fix, but veneers can also improve your bite and tooth function. Here are some reasons to consider veneers:
- Stained Teeth: some stains are so severe they cannot be removed with bleaching methods.
- Chipped, Broken or Worn Teeth: whether it be injury or daily wear and tear, veneers can restore your smile to look strong, smooth and sparkling.
- Poorly Spaced or Crooked Teeth: imagine correcting your crooked or spaced smile without resorting to braces.
- Unappealing Smile: whatever it is that you don’t love about your smile, veneers could be the option for you. It’s important to love your smile.
Veneers can be made from a number of materials, but we recommend Emax. It is strong, reliable and long-lasting. It resembles a healthy enamel and is custom fit just for you. With a custom color and the perfect fit you can finally have the smile of your dreams. Emax resembles tooth enamel, but is superior in its resistance to stain. Lastly, Emax only requires a thin layer of your natural tooth be removed for the porcelain to be bonded.
Veneers Step by Step
- Removal of a thin layer of your natural tooth’s enamel: think of this like sanding the surface for a new finish. The structure of the tooth will not be altered, just prepared for its new covering.
- A mold of the tooth/teeth is taken.
- The mold is sent to a lab for your perfect, custom smile to be made.
- Once your custom smile is ready it will be placed on your teeth and adjusted to ensure no errors were made.
- The coverings are then bonded to your teeth and polished.
Let the professionals at Eagle Rock Dental Care give you your perfect porcelain smile. We offer full- mouth rehabilitation that can include veneers, crowns, bridges, or even implants. This is a way you can truly get the smile of your dreams! Contact us at any of your three South eastern Idaho locations, or request your appointment online. We look forward to seeing your smile!